ABC Converter 3.0, also named ABC 3GP/MP4 Converter, is free software intended to convert video files to format supported by mobile devices, as iPod or cell phones. It converts from almost any format to 3GP/3GP2/MP4 format that can be played on general portable video devices. Fast video conversion speed, User-friendly, Supports batch conversion/merge conversion mode and can segment the input file. Has option to preview the video while converting, and can automatically shutdown the computer when the conversion has been completed.
When you open ABC 3GP/MP4 Converter, the Tip of the day appears above the start window. Next, you find seven buttons, they are few but enough for software functioning:
- Add Auto detect: Add a source video to convert queue, auto detect video decoder.
- Add DirectShow: Add a source video to convert queue, using DirectShow decoder.
(With these options you can use DivX, XviD, MOV, rm, rmvb, mkv, MPEG, VOB, DVD, WMV, AVI, AVS, ASF and H264 encoded files as input files).
- Delete: Remove selected file from the queue list
- Forwarding: Move selected video forward the queue list
- Reward: Move selected file backwards the queue list
- Trim: Set the beginning point and the ending point that you want to convert
- Start Conversion
The right-side pane shows the output options for your converted files, which can be 3GP, 3GPP2 AND MP4 files
- File settings: Merge Files selectable option, Output folder, and File Name
- Output Format: Format (3GP, 3GPP2 or MP4), video size, bit rate, and frame rate
- Audio Setting: Bit-rate (kbps), Sample rate (Hz), and Volume (%)
- Select video segment to convert (again)
If you select an existing output filename for your current conversion, a 15 seconds countdown Warning window pops up.
- Easy to use
- Low CPU use
- Fast and reliable
- Output files only for some kinds of portable devices